January 14, 2015

Nothing but Love 2k15

It took me a long time to realize he didn't deserve my love. year after year, I went back to him and let him in my world. He would be mad if I said he never loved me, but it's true. He was in love with the made up life we dreamed together. He never loved me in my entirety. He wasn't down for my emotional health, he was down to talk about what could be. He wasn't down for my need of consistency, he was down with coming around when he needed me. I constantly side stepped and walked on eggshells to make sure I wouldn't make him mad at me for feeling how I felt. Now that he's out of my life for good, it feels good to not care about how my words will affect him. His feelings, and opinions about me don't matter anymore. So yeah it took me a long time to realize he wasn't the man for me, and that I deserved someone that wanted me, not just the idea of me. I shed a lot of tears for him and a few others in 2014, but those tears will nourish the seeds I planted for the coming year. Investing in me, and staying away from toxic people, relationships and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment